Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fando y Lis - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1968)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Fando y Lis - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1968) Empty
PostSubject: Fando y Lis - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1968)   Fando y Lis - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1968) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:41 am

Fando y Lis
From Alejandro Jodorowsky

Imdb

Fando y Lis - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1968) Tartan_title

Quote :
Fando and his partially paralyzed lover Lis search for the mythical city of Tar. Based on Jodorowsky's memories of a play by surrealist Fernando Arrabal

Demasiado drogas Seņor Jodorowsky Laughing although he says he was not taking drugs when he made his movies. Let me seriously doubt it Very Happy
There were some scenes in the middle of this movie where I seriously questionned the state of mind of the actors themselfs lol!

Anyway, that said, you know what to expect, or maybe not Smile

I really find it very difficult to review Jodorowsky's movies, they are so weird tongue

It is his first movie, very controversal for the time, it created some riots in Mexico and Jodorowsky was almost exiled from the country. Today it is of course less controversal but still very strange. I wouldn't advise to watch this movie first if you want to discover this director, watch El Topo or Santa sangre first. This one is not the easiest. Weird, strange, surreal, artistic, mystical but also sometimes a bit repetitive. As usual full of symbolism but even less understandable than in El Topo and Santa Sangre. But the style is there, the themas are the same (or are they? it would be clearly impossible to get it all without been in Jodorowsky's mind) , the atmosphere this director creates is totally unic. And always these strange sounds and noises that are, I think, a big part of his movies.

Overall, I liked it a bit less than El Topo and Santa Sangre, but it remains a fascinating work. I wonder how one man can have such weird ideas, it is impressive!
But watch it only if you like the rest of Jodorowsky's work. If you didn't like his other movies, there is very little chance you will like this one

note7

Fando y Lis - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1968) FandodvdFando y Lis - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1968) Fando_y_Lis01

Last edited by Chrisy on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
labrat
Devil’s Advocate
Devil’s Advocate
labrat

Fando y Lis - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1968) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fando y Lis - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1968)   Fando y Lis - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1968) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:23 am

okay... one more added on the need-to-see-somewhere-soon list!!! Very Happy yess
Back to top Go down

Fando y Lis - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1968)
Page 1 of 1