Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Santa Sangre - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1989)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Santa Sangre - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1989) Empty
PostSubject: Santa Sangre - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1989)   Santa Sangre - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1989) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:44 am

Santa sangre
From Alejandro Jodorowsky

Santa Sangre - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1989) Peliculas.3727.IMAGEN1

Imdb

Quote :
A young man is confined in a mental hospital. Through a flashback we see that he was traumatized as a child, when he and his family were circus performers: he saw his father cut off the arms of his mother, a religious fanatic and leader of the heretical church of Santa Sangre ("Holy Blood"), and then commit suicide. Back in the present, he escapes and rejoins his surviving and armless mother. Against his will, he "becomes her arms" and the two undertake a grisly campaign of murder and revenge

Oh my Laughing
affraid

I'm soooo glad I'm discovering this director Alejandro Jodorowsky cause I have found someone who moves me, I really loooooove it
This movie is very different than El Topo although it has similar touches and themas with religion and freaks. I think this director has an obsession with freaks and midgets Laughing
This movie is soooo good, think as good and maybe even better than El Topo. The plot is easier to follow, it is less abstract although quite sureal sometimes. But I would say it is easier to watch or something.
Again, it is hard to describe such piece but to summarize I could say that it has a bit of a kusturica touch. But a mexican kusturica gone wild(er) who lost his mind and turn into horror Twisted Evil
But it's not an horror movie, it's just quite violent sometimes, but it is not horror, it's a mix of genre
It is funny, the rythme is really good, it's a pleisure for the eyes, it doesn't stop one second, a circus of colorfull madness, poetic, insane and violent
GENIUS yess

I think no matter what you think of this movie, it will be simply unforgottable Wink

note9

Trailer
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Santa Sangre - Alejandro Jodorowsky (1989)
Page 1 of 1