Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Train de vie - Radu Mihaileanu (1998)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Train de vie - Radu Mihaileanu (1998) Empty
PostSubject: Train de vie - Radu Mihaileanu (1998)   Train de vie - Radu Mihaileanu (1998) Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:49 am

Train de vie (aka train of life)
From Radu Mihaileanu

Train de vie - Radu Mihaileanu (1998) Train_de_vie

Train de vie - Radu Mihaileanu (1998) Thimdbci6

In 1941, the inhabitants of a small Jewish village in Central Europe organize a fake deportation train so that they can escape the Nazis and flee to Palestine

The first half hour, I didn't know if I would like it because it is very caricatural and the humour is very silly. I didn't think I would say that for such an unrealistic movie but yes it is very nice and funny, a movie that grows in you, it has this little something refreshing, sweet, and feel good that very few "silly" comedy has. And actually it is a comedy but in the same time, looking a bit further, you will find a lot of smart ideas and deep meanings. Plus a little something inspired from Kusturica here and there. The most original, joyfull, full of laughter look at the holocaust I have ever seen Laughing

The end is also very good!
Spoiler:

Train de vie - Radu Mihaileanu (1998) 10

Trailer
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Train de vie - Radu Mihaileanu (1998)
Page 1 of 1