Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stalker - Andrei Tarkovsky (1979)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Stalker - Andrei Tarkovsky (1979) Empty
PostSubject: Stalker - Andrei Tarkovsky (1979)   Stalker - Andrei Tarkovsky (1979) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:41 am

Stalker
From Andrei Tarkovsky

Stalker - Andrei Tarkovsky (1979) -stalker-film-andrei-tarkovsky

IMDB

Quote :
Near a gray and unnamed city is the Zone, an alien place guarded by barbed wire and soldiers. Over his wife's numerous objections, a man rises in the dead of night: he's a stalker, one of a handful who have the mental gifts (and who risk imprisonment) to lead people into the Zone to the Room, a place where one's secret hopes come true. That night, he takes two people into the Zone: a popular writer who is burned out, cynical, and questioning his genius; and a quiet scientist more concerned about his knapsack than the journey. In the deserted Zone, the approach to the Room must be indirect. As they draw near, the rules seem to change and the stalker faces a crisis.

Stalker - Andrei Tarkovsky (1979) 3865

Nice yess although yes, verryyyyy slow and verrryyy long but that was to be expected. A strong point with this movie is defenetly the shots and images, absolutelly beautifull. I read somewhere on IMDB someone saying that you can pause any Tarkovsky film at any moment and the art on your screen is good enough to have as a poster on your wall for life. I totally agree, the images are stunning, really a work of art (especially for 1979!)
I really adored the supernatural and haunting atmosphere, especially with the music in the first part. But I actually wish there would have been more of these parts, not enough in my opinion. Cause you have to be prepared for a lot of bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla..... then..............
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

Ok, I'm not nice I know Razz the dialogues are actually quite good, they make you think, very phylosophical but wayyy too much for my taste. I simply think that these moments combined with the mystical parts are not balanced enough. I just wished it turned up a bit diffirent cause the first half was stunning and kept my attention.... I have to admit, some parts I lost concentration because well, they talked too much Razz

But no doubt, it is unic and I can understand that this film can be considered more as a phylosophical experience than a real movie...

Stalker - Andrei Tarkovsky (1979) Stalker
Stalker - Andrei Tarkovsky (1979) Stalker2
Stalker - Andrei Tarkovsky (1979) Stalker1ed3

Quote :
Stalker (1979)***― Stalker is rich, spiritual and contemplative journey through the fantastic inner world of human's hope, desire, disillusions and believes. Main characters, Writer (as incarnation of irrational, imaginative and emotional aspects of our nature or subconsciousness) and Scientist (rational, logic forces or consciousness) are guided by Stalker (symbolizing our desire, will and everlasting search of meaning) to the mysterious Zone (which may represent all our spiritual goals, meanings, struggles to achieve them and barriers in our path). Breathtaking and mesmerizing images and sounds, witty dialog and strong concept are the major virtues of this feature. Writer's monologues are among the most meaningful, thought-provoking and spiritual moments I ever experienced in any art

Overall, it is nice but I dont think it will haunt me as much as Solaris did

note7
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Stalker - Andrei Tarkovsky (1979)
Page 1 of 1