Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Sonja (1985)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zeehond
Edward Penishands
Edward Penishands
zeehond

Red Sonja (1985) Empty
PostSubject: Red Sonja (1985)   Red Sonja (1985) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 12:09 am

Red Sonja (1985) 503305~Red-Sonja-Posters

(IMDB)

Just watched Red Sonja. First thing that came to mind was where's Conan? Second thing was damn, Arnie lost weight! Third was: Ow fuck, a child for comic relief. Fourth: This movie was EPIC!

Red Sonja is about Sonja (yeah, no kidding) and she has red hair (my god, they really thought this one through!). Now the drop dead gorgeous you'd expect to play the staring role but she kinda grows on you.
Arnold plays Conan Kalidor, a barbarian. Conan Kalidor is a barbarian, who gets the hots for Sonja, and has to rescue her in several situations, proving once again that a woman needs a man to help her lift heavy stuff (let's be frank, it's the only thing he's good for).
The movie started off kinda slow. A ghost tells Sonja that her family has been killed by an evil queen called Gerden. Why this ghost tells Sonja this is beyond me, seems like the brutal murder that kills your entire family and the subsequent rape by her entire army does leave a lasting impression. The ghost grants Sonja magical powers to wield a sword, and that’s that.
Ow, wait. The ghost was wrong; Sonja has a sister, who's a nun of some sorts in a temple. The temple holds the talisman with which the world was created. Gerder steals the talisman, and the quest begins.

I'm not going to tell you more, 'cause it'll spoil the movie, though I think you can guess it from here.

Red Sonja is an enjoyable movie.
The story is ok. The acting bad, going on to hilarious.
The costumes kick ass.
Sonja.
Conan Kalidor

Oh hell, just look at the trailer!
Needless to say, this movie is and instant classic. Worthy, and needed in any movie freak's collection

7.5/10
Back to top Go down
labrat
Devil’s Advocate
Devil’s Advocate
labrat

Red Sonja (1985) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sonja (1985)   Red Sonja (1985) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 7:08 pm

a looooooooooooooooooooong loooooooooooooooooong looooooooooooooooooong time ago that I saw this one...

but -as I remember it- indeed a -from my point of view- hilarious fantasyesque classic! pretty Culty sjeit too...
Back to top Go down
zeehond
Edward Penishands
Edward Penishands
zeehond

Red Sonja (1985) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sonja (1985)   Red Sonja (1985) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:47 pm

yeah, it is.

2010 or something they'll have made a re-make!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Sonja (1985) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Sonja (1985)   Red Sonja (1985) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Sonja (1985)
Page 1 of 1