Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tykho Moon - Enki Bilal (1996)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
occam
Dancer in the Dark
Dancer in the Dark
occam

Tykho Moon - Enki Bilal (1996) Empty
PostSubject: Tykho Moon - Enki Bilal (1996)   Tykho Moon - Enki Bilal (1996) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Tykho Moon - Enki Bilal (1996) 20041110

IMDB

To enjoy this movie, you should know one or two of Enki Bilal's Comics, have a understanding and feeling for the rules of the sci-fi world he created. Otherwise this movie might be too absurd and strange. Also, there is almost no introduction of the players.

It is different to Bunker Palace Hotel, the casting seems to work much better this time, the actors match more the characters of the comics.

Bilal got Julie Delpy and Michel Piccoli, and you would expect that he try's to make it more understanding for the common audience - but he stays in his world and "forces" the actors to act absurd.

Bilal has a wonderful vision and is able to create the images for it - in the comic and on the screen - but he is not a good director and story telling in the movies is different.

So "only" 7/10 but its really worth a look if you like the comics.

note7

really crappy trailer Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=38086141
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: Tykho Moon - Enki Bilal (1996)   Tykho Moon - Enki Bilal (1996) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Interesting
I really liked Bunker Palace Hôtel but really didn't like Immortel (ad vitam)
But this one looks more similar to Bunker Palace Hotel
I will for sure look for it

Thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: Tykho Moon - Enki Bilal (1996)   Tykho Moon - Enki Bilal (1996) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:37 am

I really liked it yess
Better than Bunker Palace Hotel indeed but still a very similar particular atmosphere!
I dont know his comics but I really love his world and think it is very detailed. In particular the dialogues which are very subtile imo. I wonder if some of them can be translated good in other languages...
Also really loved the little humour touches, the acting and the absurds situations. Piccoli is just so funny in this! Perfect Casting as well!
I can understand however the low rating: it is very particular and not for all taste: it can be slow for some people and difficult to tune in. But it is the same with Bunker Palace Hotel, you need a bit of time to get used to this very special world Bilal wants to show.
And like you said, there are no introductions to the characters, same as in Bunker Palace Hotel. But think that makes me loving these 2 movies even more, it is like you arrive in this story you know nothing about, you dont know exactly when the story takes place, the only thing you know for sure is that it is far away in the future, it makes it even more intriguing especially because their behaviours are sometimes so bizard and you cannot really explain them Very Happy

Loving it!

note8
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tykho Moon - Enki Bilal (1996)   Tykho Moon - Enki Bilal (1996) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tykho Moon - Enki Bilal (1996)
Page 1 of 1