Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The signal (2007)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zeehond
Edward Penishands
Edward Penishands
zeehond

The signal (2007) Empty
PostSubject: The signal (2007)   The signal (2007) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:41 pm

The signal (2007) Signal-poster-big

(IMDB)

Quote :
Plot:
A horror film told in three parts, from three perspectives, in which a mysterious transmission that turns people into killers invades every cell phone, radio, and television.

A retrospective.
I saw this movie about a month ago, so there will be no in-depth analysis on either the plot, the story, the characters or the camera work. Now that I think of it, this movie can be summarized using this sentence:

This movie is like battle royal on steroids.

8.5/10

Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

The signal (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The signal (2007)   The signal (2007) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:25 pm

REVIEW OF THE WEEK

(I will watch it tonight so I will give my opinion after Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

The signal (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The signal (2007)   The signal (2007) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:30 am

Loved it clapp
I really didn't expect it to be that good. It has CULT written all over it
It's actually 3 stories in 1 or 3 different point of view of one story made by 3 different directors. The 3 parts have a different vibe and style but it fits perfectly together. The first part been more the horror (althouth it is horror all along), the second is the black humour and the third: well I dont know how to call the third Razz
The film is completely absorbing, suprisingly original and very refreshing for the genre. The dark humour part is very funny! But I knew it finally got me when
Spoiler:
Laughing That was the moment where I really laughed my ass off after such crazy crazy scenes already!
I also really loved that everybody is turning crazy but they all have moments where they are still themselfs, that makes it much more believable.
And I think this movie is for sure not for everyone, most people would just want the first act to be all movie long, this would be more the traditional way for such horror movie. I actually really like that it changed style and that you could see it through the eyes of a crazy one, it makes it so much more original than the horror movies out there

note8
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Sponsored content

The signal (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The signal (2007)   The signal (2007) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The signal (2007)
Page 1 of 1