Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis - Dany Boon (2008)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis - Dany Boon (2008) Empty
PostSubject: Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis - Dany Boon (2008)   Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis - Dany Boon (2008) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis
From Dany Boon

Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis - Dany Boon (2008) Bienvenue%20chez%20les%20Ch'tis-PlakatBild

Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis - Dany Boon (2008) Thimdbci6

Quote :
Although living a comfortable life in Salon-de-Provence, a charming town in the South of France, Julie has been feeling depressed for a while. To please her, Philippe Abrams, a post office administrator, her husband, tries to obtain a transfer to a seaside town, on the French Riviera, at any cost. The trouble is that he is caught red-handed while trying to scam an inspector. Philippe is immediately banished to the distant unheard of town of Bergues, in the Far North of France. Leaving his child and wife behind, the crucified man leaves for his frightening destination, a dreadfully cold place inhabited by hard-drinking, unemployed rednecks, speaking an incomprehensible dialect called Ch'ti. Philippe soon realizes that all these ideas were nothing but prejudices and that Bergues is not synonymous with hell...

moua, not too bad but also not very good... A few good moments, but overall the humour is just too first degree for my taste. And it is really cliche, ok, it is supposed to be but it is so exagerated (I mean nobody speaks that way anymore) and so badly acted that it is not really funny, except for 1 or 2 scenes. The movie broke the French box office record, I find it very hard to understand why. French cinema is not what it used to be... Neutral

I wouldn't give it more than note6

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis - Dany Boon (2008)
Page 1 of 1