Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kryll
Bernie
Bernie
Kryll

Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007) Empty
PostSubject: Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007)   Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Naissance des pieuvres (imdb)
Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007) Mv5bmtqxmzcyndk0m15bml5qy6

Quote :
Summer in a new suburb outside Paris. Nothing to do but look at the ceiling. Marie, Anne and Floriane are 15. Their paths cross in the corridors at the local swimming pool, where love and desire make a sudden, dramatic appearance.

Quote :
Beautiful cinema about adolescence
A bit slow (somehow like a Sofia Coppola movie) but still a very captivating film about the discovery of sexuality by three teenage girls. The magic of the movie lies in its capacity to bring back many memories to how it felt like to be their age. The confusion and the insecurities are portrayed in a very simple way but so true to life. The music is perfect and the acting is amazing. The camera works beautifully also. I highly recommend it for those who are not afraid to look back at this particular period of life when we discover our sexual impulses and our desires. I would also say that it is a fine film for young people going through that period. So many movies have been made about adolescence but this really captures the true essence of discovering the adult world of romance and its complexities.

liked the movie, though it really had a lot of elements likewise as Fucking Amal
cinematography wasn't always as consistent and strong

also the acting had some unnatural elements innit, which i didnt expect from a French movie Smile

but okay, all in all it was a good movie, a bit better and more intoxicating than Moodysson's version imo

6.6/10

trailer:
Back to top Go down
http://users.telenet.be/kryll
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007)   Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 8:23 pm

I heard lots of very different opinions about this one. I dont know if I will like it but I will give it a try Smile
Thanks for the review!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Kryll
Bernie
Bernie
Kryll

PostSubject: Re: Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007)   Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:57 pm

i don't know if it's a good category to put in, but it's the closest i think it can get Smile
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007)   Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:16 am

I think it goes perfectly here yess
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007)   Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:32 am

Just saw it tonight and I really liked it yess

And Kryll, I dont agree with you about the acting: I thought the acting was really natural. I was actually really surprised on how natural they were. But maybe this has something to do with the language, maybe?
Anyway, beautifull intoxicating atmosphere and much better than Fucking Amal, no doubt! And much more in touch with the adolescence and how tortured and confusing experience this can be. I actually recognized some feelings, some situations I my self experienced (not the lesbian parts hey Razz ) and that I saw around me as a teanager: the insecurity, the difficult discovery of our bodies, the first approach to sex and that "let's get it over with" way of seeing the first experience. Deep, very true and very touching.

The most sincere movie I have seen in a long time

And that is the difference with Fucking Amal, I wont do any sexism hey but it is made by a man, and there are some things missing and appears to me much less realistic than this one imo

note8

Last edited by Chrisy on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kryll
Bernie
Bernie
Kryll

PostSubject: Re: Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007)   Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:39 am

Chrisy wrote:
Just saw it tonight and I really liked it yess

And Kryll, I dont agree with you about the acting: I thought the acting was really natural. I was actually really surprised on how natural they were. But maybe this has something to do with the language, maybe?

well.. the acting was in general quite natural, and better than F** Amal

but in the end the manic, and almost compulsive crying of the one girl just didnt work for me (or made it look unnatural to me)
but okay, they're still quite young.. so perhaps that's the reason (or the scenario/script that made it a tad unnatural or too monotone)

it could also just be me that wasn't convinced or something Razz

Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007)   Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naissance des Pieuvres (aka Water Lilies) - Céline Sciamma (2007)
Page 1 of 1