Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Memoirs of a Geisha - Rob Marshall

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
misssans
Enema Killer
Enema Killer
misssans

Memoirs of a Geisha - Rob Marshall Empty
PostSubject: Memoirs of a Geisha - Rob Marshall   Memoirs of a Geisha - Rob Marshall Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:09 pm

Memoirs of a Geisha (2005)

Memoirs of a Geisha - Rob Marshall 500504~Memoirs-Of-A-Geisha-Posters

Quote :
The film tells the story of Chiyo Sakamoto (portrayed by Suzuka Ohgo as a child, and by Zhang Ziyi as an adult), who is sold into a life of servitude by her parents when she is nine years old. Chiyo is taken in by the proprietress of a geisha house, Mother (Kaori Momoi), where she works to pay off the debt of her purchase and the soiling of a silk kimono owned by a well-known geisha, Mameha (Michelle Yeoh), which Chiyo was blackmailed into defacing by the haughty and jealous geisha, Hatsumomo (Gong Li). One day while crying in the street, the young Chiyo is noticed by The Chairman, Ken Iwamura (Ken Watanabe), who buys her an iced sorbet and gives her his handkerchief. Inspired by his act of kindness, Chiyo resolves to become a geisha so that she may one day become a part of The Chairman’s life. Chiyo, now a young woman, is taken under the wing of Mameha, head of a rival geisha house. Under Mameha’s tutelage, the girl Chiyo, becomes Sayuri, the most famous geisha in all Gion, Kyoto.

Yesterday was the second time I saw this movie! And after the first time, I thought: This movie is WAY too long! Because I was in a cinema and I had to pee REAL bad! Razz

But now I understand why it is this long! The acting is magnificent! The visual effects are perfect, but I can understand that people will say that the movie is too long!

8/10
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=11273879
Killa
Menace II Society
Menace II Society
Killa

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs of a Geisha - Rob Marshall   Memoirs of a Geisha - Rob Marshall Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:45 pm

Disappointed by this one
I read the book first and that usually doesn't do any good for a movie
the story of the book is amazing but this movie captures but a little of it all
the whole torment of her youth was missing almost completely

But that was not all
the actors were mostly Chinese, and it showed
the Geisha's were crude and not like real Geisha's of the day at all
and i could go on

no this was a missed chance
IMHO

6/10
Back to top Go down
Kryll
Bernie
Bernie
Kryll

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs of a Geisha - Rob Marshall   Memoirs of a Geisha - Rob Marshall Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 4:10 pm

found it quite okay movie, strong plot, strong images

i dunno much bout the original japanese tradition
and didnt really make an image out of it (though it got nominated for best decor/dressing ?)

anyways, liked the movie none the less

7/10
Back to top Go down
http://users.telenet.be/kryll
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memoirs of a Geisha - Rob Marshall   Memoirs of a Geisha - Rob Marshall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Memoirs of a Geisha - Rob Marshall
Page 1 of 1