Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Naked - Mike Leigh (1993)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Naked - Mike Leigh (1993) Empty
PostSubject: Naked - Mike Leigh (1993)   Naked - Mike Leigh (1993) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:35 pm

Naked
From Mike Leigh

IMDB

Quote :
Johnny flees Manchester for London, to avoid a beating from the family of a girl he has raped. There he finds an old girlfriend, and spends some time homeless, spending much of his time ranting at strangers, and meeting characters in plights very much like his own

Here is a great one yess

What is important to say is that "The script was largely created by improvisation during 11 weeks of rehearsal before shooting. The script was only 25 pages long.". Yes that is important and when you watch this movie, knowing this, you will be amazed. The dialogues are simply amazing, I loved it. The acting is really good, I can give 10/10 to every one of them but especially the main actor David Thewlis, his performance is brilliant yess

It is mainly a drama, let's say that the foundation of the story is dramatic: all characters are pathetic, sad, miserable. The all movie is very sharp and dark. But the dialogues turns the movie into a black comedy, some of them are very funny. Some of the quotes are the best I have heard in a long time.

One to discover yess

note10 for the dialogues and performances

note8 overall

Naked - Mike Leigh (1993) 201534~Naked-Posters

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Naked - Mike Leigh (1993)
Page 1 of 1