Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ma 6-T va crack-er - Jean-François Richet (1997)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Ma 6-T va crack-er - Jean-François Richet (1997) Empty
PostSubject: Ma 6-T va crack-er - Jean-François Richet (1997)   Ma 6-T va crack-er - Jean-François Richet (1997) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:52 am

Ma 6-T va crack-er (ma cite va craquer)
From Jean-François Richet

IMDB

Quote :
Ma 6-T va crack-er ("My City Is Going To Crack" modelled after Fr.: craquer Engl.: break down and the narcotic drug Crack cocaine) is a French movie directed by Jean-François Richet in 1997, talking about the mobs' apology in a very caricatural way.

Scenery
The story takes place in the parisian department 77 (Seine-et-Marne) which is referred to one of those French suburbs or ghettos, also called cité (6-T) in French slang, causing trouble because people are fed up with their status of living. Some critics compares it to the movie starring Vincent Cassel, La Haine of Mathieu Kassovitz and to Le Cercle de la haine.

Impact of the film
Soundtracks with French rap which prospers in the early 1990 in France because of their denounciating content shall illustrate the link between the reality and the atmosphere in this film, and intensify the appeal to revolt the social situation. Artists such as IAM, X-Men, Assassin, KRS-One, 2 Bal, Mystik and more achieve Jean-François Richet's revolutionary idea.

Criticism
This movie belongs to one of those artworks which are a controversial reason of the 2005 civil unrest in France on part of the politician.

Not bad but I expected better! After all the noises this movie made in France at the time, I was expected something more out of it
There are some good things: it is very realistic and filmed a bit like a documentary. The soundtrack is really good (if you like French Hip Hop that is Wink )
But it is a bit too caricatural. Also the movie is supposed to be pro-revolution but exept from the war between the 2 gangs, there are not much explained of the situation these kids are living (a bit but not enough in my opinion). They are trying to make some humour as well a few times but really badly Wink
This movie was made after La Haine and is by far not as good

note6

Ma 6-T va crack-er - Jean-François Richet (1997) Ma_6t_va_cracker
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Ma 6-T va crack-er - Jean-François Richet (1997)
Page 1 of 1