Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frida - Julie Taymor (2002)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Frida - Julie Taymor (2002) Empty
PostSubject: Frida - Julie Taymor (2002)   Frida - Julie Taymor (2002) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:34 am

Frida
From Julie Taymor

IMDB

Quote :
A biography of artist Frida Kahlo, who channeled the pain of a crippling injury and her tempestuous marriage into her work

I was worried that this movie would be too boring and dramatic but I defenetly underestimated Julie Taymor who also made Across the Universe. This director really has a particular style, I really like her and will defenetly follow her work from now on
She transformed a story which could have been very slow and boring into something colorefull, untertaining and beautifull yess
The acting is exquisite, the cinematography is stunning and again these touches of fantasy here and there which I think is the particularity of this director (at least I hope she will continue in that direction): totally unexpected for such movie, really nice yess
I like especially how the paintings of Frida Kahlo come to life (beautifull and trippy paintings btw) and we understand where the artist took her inspiration
The only down side I would say is the english language, again that doesn't make sense (when will directors finally understand this? Suspect ), spanish would have been much better and believable
But anyway, this is one of the kind in my opinion yess and 2 well deserved Oscar yess

note8

Frida - Julie Taymor (2002) Fridasmall

And for those of you who dont know who Frida Kahlo was, here are a few of her paintings

Frida - Julie Taymor (2002) Frida-in-bed
Frida - Julie Taymor (2002) Frida%201
Frida - Julie Taymor (2002) Fridakahlovi4
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Frida - Julie Taymor (2002)
Page 1 of 1