Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
labrat
Devil’s Advocate
Devil’s Advocate
labrat

The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995 Empty
PostSubject: The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995   The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 3:49 pm

The Doom Generation is a film by director Gregg Araki, who also wrote and co-produced the movie. It stars Rose McGowan, Johnathon Schaech and James Duval as two teenagers and a 20-something punk drifter who get involved in a ménage à trois. It is the second of a trilogy of films known as the Teenage Apocalypse Trilogy, the first being Totally Fucked Up and the last Nowhere. It was Araki's first movie to deal with heterosexual relationships.

The film features cameos from a number of celebrities including Parker Posey, Heidi Fleiss, Christopher Knight (from "The Brady Bunch"), Margaret Cho, Perry Farrell, Amanda Bearse, Nicky Katt and gay adult film stars Zak Spears and Rex Chandler.
The gang of goons in the beginning of the movie is played by the Vancouver based industrial group, Skinny Puppy. cEvin Key, who falls off the car, broke his arm during the shooting of this scene.

Quote :
Synopsis
Industrial rock lovers Jordan White (Duval) and Amy Blue (McGowan) pick up a handsome drifter named Xavier Red (Schaech) while driving home from a club. Jordan gives Xavier the nickname "X." A late night stop at a convenience store leaves the three on the run when X accidentally kills the store's owner (Dustin Nguyen). The trio hides in a motel to avoid arrest. While Jordan and Amy have sex in the bath tub, X learns from the local television news program that the store owner's wife (Margaret Cho) disemboweled her children with a machete before taking her own life, thus, he concedes, removing any possibility of the trio being caught by the police.

Later that evening, Amy has sex with X, even though she and X do not get along. Eventually Jordan finds out, and things become tense as the two men develop a lingering sexual attraction for one another. As the trio journeys across small town USA, they continue to get into violent situations due to people either claiming to be Amy's previous lovers or mistaking her for such.

Jordan, Amy and X spend the night in an abandoned barn, where they engage in a threesome before going to sleep. Later in the evening, they are attacked by a trio of Neo-Nazis, who beat up X and then hold Jordan against his will, making him unable to take any sort of action as one of the Neo-Nazis ties up and rapes Amy. The group finally castrates Jordan with pruning shears and feeds him his genitals. After Amy breaks free, she kills the Neo-Nazis with the shears and escapes with X, leaving Jordan for dead. The film ends with Amy and X driving aimlessly on the road. X is eating Doritos and offers Amy for some, but receives no response. Amy simply sits thinking deeply, smoking a Cigarette and continues driving as it fades to the end credits.

The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995 130px-Doom_generation-cover

a strange, violent, sexy, dark, subversive doommovie... I liked a lot! 7,5/10!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995   The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 5:00 pm

I have just downloaded this one, will watch it soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995   The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:06 am

Very weird movie yess but very good
I like especially the irony all along. And it goes quite far in the sickness Very Happy

I agree with the rating The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995 10

From this director, I have only watched Mysterious Skin before which I also liked. But I prefer this one, more crazy and second degree yess

Now I have to find Totally F***ed Up and Nowhere yess
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995   The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Doom Generation - Greg Araki 1995
Page 1 of 1