Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dans Paris - Christophe Honoré (2006)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Dans Paris - Christophe Honoré (2006) Empty
PostSubject: Dans Paris - Christophe Honoré (2006)   Dans Paris - Christophe Honoré (2006) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:06 am

Dans Paris (aka in Paris)
From Christophe Honoré

Dans Paris - Christophe Honoré (2006) Inside-paris-dans-paris-poster-0

Dans Paris - Christophe Honoré (2006) Thimdbci6

Quote :
Anna has just left Paul who, annihilated by the separation, moves back with his father in Paris. His younger brother Jonathan, a casual student, still lives in his father's apartment and spends most of his time womanizing and fooling around. But what this apparent lightness conceals is a deep wound. Jonathan, in fact, has never been able to overcome the death of his beloved sister. Meanwhile Paul sinks into depression...

Nice yess Very particular director this Christophe Honoré. I already liked his more recent movie La belle personne but this one is even better. Enjoyed every minutes of it. It is subtile, deep and very true. The connections between the characters is simply amazing and although with a thema like this, it could have been very boring, the way the story is told is just so fresh, nothing I have seen before. The music is also nice, a mix between jazz and some other nice stuff. Some scenes touched me a lot, the dad character is just so natural and one scene as well where one of the character finds back an old 45 records of Kim Wilde "Cambodia" and pretends to know the lyrics when he obviously cannot understand it Laughing Brings back lots of memories! Full of emotions this movie and an original story telling
On top of that Romain Duris is extraordinary in this movie (I love this actor!)

One of the kind imo

(A drama mainly but it has lots of joy and fun in it)

note8

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Dans Paris - Christophe Honoré (2006)
Page 1 of 1