Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avalon - Mamoru Oshii (2001)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Avalon - Mamoru Oshii (2001) Empty
PostSubject: Avalon - Mamoru Oshii (2001)   Avalon - Mamoru Oshii (2001) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Avalon
From Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell)

Avalon - Mamoru Oshii (2001) Avalon

Avalon - Mamoru Oshii (2001) Thimdbci6

Quote :
In a future world, young people are increasingly becoming addicted to an illegal (and potentially deadly) battle simulation game called Avalon...

Good! I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the movie and visually it is really nicelly done. I also enjoyed the contrast with the real world and the main character who is emotionless, almost like her life has no meaning outside the game. It is a bit slow but that didn't bother me too much. I think what bothered me more is the lack of subtance. it is lacking a deeper phylosophic meaning which you can find more in Ghost in the Shell: I mean, in Avalon, except the last scene, the only talks the characters have are about getting further in the game.... Also didn't like the concert scene, almost like it was only there to promote the soundtrack. Missed used in my opinion!
For the rest, I enjoyed it Smile

note7

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Avalon - Mamoru Oshii (2001)
Page 1 of 1