Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RocknRolla (2008)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
deathproof
Mighty Aphrodite
Mighty Aphrodite
deathproof

RocknRolla (2008) Empty
PostSubject: RocknRolla (2008)   RocknRolla (2008) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 pm

RocknRolla (2008) Rocknrolla

Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla has his signature all over the movie exactly as his previous films.Like Lock,stock.. and Snatch this movie also follows the same formula and the new plot is surely not bad at all.Unlike those two films this one has been made with a better budget which gives it a more classy look but i still personally liked the old gloss less look which suits this kinda movies.I am comparing this movie to Lock,stock.. and Snatch because this one is made to be compared with them, which clicked better than Swept Away for Ritchie.

The movie is narrated by Archy who is the left hand for a real estate mob boss Lenny.An expensive deal with a Russian businessman is conked up when Lenny loses a precious art work given to him by the Russian and more chaos is caused while the art keeps jumping from one hand to another.

Ritchie has tried not to concentrate on one character and make a protagonist but i did feel like "One Two" being more perceive than the others but then i will not take the credit from Ritchie for balancing the whole movie and the base script on all the sub plots.This movie doesn't move as fast as Snatch or Lock,Stock but it has more depth in it than the others which did not talk much about the characters but RnR does look a bit more mature than his previous movies.There aren't much of those quick cuts which flashes back to say a reason for the current happening or the multi-framed shots which i looked forward in a Ritchie movie.

There are so many characters as usual in a Ritchie film and you have to be ready to be attentive if you don't want to be annoyed for the first 20 mins of the movie as they keep coming on and off the screen,but then it gradually grows in your head as the movie moves on.Sub plots in the movie are carefully and wittily etched and the story unfolds in a spectacular way which again we already have seen in the past movies of Ritchie and doesn't come as a surprise.Some parts are really hilarious and comedy is consistent throughout the movie.The dark comedy is good and consistent and at places i found it hilarious,the spot on dialogs add more panache to the movie which helps in gliding the screenplay at a pace which doesn't bore you.

JOHNNY QUID
RocknRolla (2008) 539w

All the characters are played well and i really loved the brit accent.The wild bunch spurs some good laughs and the scenes with One Two and Handsome Bob are really funny.The best character and the best performance in this movie is the character Johnny Quid played by Tobby Kebbel was absolutely brilliant because i was not expecting such a character and performance from this type of a film.He plays the junkie RocknRolla in this movie who ties up the sub plots and he is brilliant.

This movie too is not about classy art or a great plot but just a simple movie which guarantees entertainment and good laughs.I am surely waiting for the Real RocknRolla and i wouldn't mind recommending this movie as i am a Guy Ritchie Fan!

8 upon 10
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

RocknRolla (2008) Empty
PostSubject: Re: RocknRolla (2008)   RocknRolla (2008) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:18 am

I need to see this
I really enjoyed Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and loved Snatch even more yess
I didn't see anything else from Guy Ritchie but if you say this one can be compared with these 2 then I'm on it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
labrat
Devil’s Advocate
Devil’s Advocate
labrat

RocknRolla (2008) Empty
PostSubject: Re: RocknRolla (2008)   RocknRolla (2008) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:52 am

Chrisy wrote:
I need to see this
I really enjoyed Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and loved Snatch even more yess
I didn't see anything else from Guy Ritchie but if you say this one can be compared with these 2 then I'm on it Smile

exactly the same here!!! yess
Back to top Go down
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

RocknRolla (2008) Empty
PostSubject: Re: RocknRolla (2008)   RocknRolla (2008) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Saw it yesterday and it is ok. Similar style as Snatch. and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
But not as good in my opinion. It is lacking a little something. It is difficult to enter the story and to get attached to the characters and the jokes are sometimes a bit flat...
But some good moments

note7
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Sponsored content

RocknRolla (2008) Empty
PostSubject: Re: RocknRolla (2008)   RocknRolla (2008) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RocknRolla (2008)
Page 1 of 1