Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005) Empty
PostSubject: The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005)   The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 1:28 am

The Wild Blue Yonder
From Werner Herzog

The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005) The%20wild%20blue%20yonder

The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005) Thimdbci6

Summary (contains spoiler)
The Wild Blue Yonder is a science fiction film by the German director Werner Herzog, released in 2005. It has been presented at the 62nd Venice Film Festival, where it was awarded the FIPRESCI Prize. Most of the film consists of recontextualized documentary footage which is overlayed with fictional (sometimes fantastical) narration. This technique was used in Herzog's earlier film Lessons of Darkness.

The film is about an extraterrestrial (played by Brad Dourif) who came to Earth several years ago from a water planet (The Wild Blue Yonder), after it suffered through an ice age. His narration reveals that the aliens have tried through the years to form a community on our planet, though without great success.

The alien also tells the story of a space mission he became aware of after finding a job with the CIA. In the late 90s, he says, the debris from the Roswell UFO crash was unearthed and examined. The scientists falsely believed that they had contracted an infectious alien disease from the debris, and an exploratory mission was launched to Blue Yonder (represented with archival footage from STS-34 and Henry Kaiser's diving expedition in Antarctica) in order that a new, uninfected human colony might be created there. After deciding Blue Yonder was suitable for human habitation, the astronauts returned home to Earth 800 years later only to discover that the planet had been abandoned in their absence.

The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005) 89037-large

This movie is defenetly not for all taste and not conventional, I really liked it yess
It is made like a documentary with a mix of real science elements and fiction. It also has real footage of the NASA.... but all put together in a totally futurist fiction story. A poetic and phylosophical tale with absolutelly blow minded shots and an interesting smart story and point of view. I think to some it might look a bit slow and pointless but it has a very strong message I think and I dont know it gave me a weird feeling especially with that intoxicating Tibetan music, defenetly made to make you think
Loved it yess

note8

Think my new target is to discover all Herzog's work yess

Last edited by Chrisy on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Kryll
Bernie
Bernie
Kryll

PostSubject: Re: The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005)   The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:27 am

one of those movies i still want to see of him

Quote :
I think to some it might look a bit slow and pointless but it has a very strong message I think and I dont know it gave me a weird feeling

Quote :
Think my new target is to discover all Herzog's work

if u think the same bout auch zwerge haben klein aangefangen.. you really got to explain it to me Razz (the movie, that is Smile )
Back to top Go down
http://users.telenet.be/kryll
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

PostSubject: Re: The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005)   The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:11 pm

Review of the week
Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005)   The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog (2005)
Page 1 of 1