Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Naked Lunch - David Cronenberg (1991)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

Naked Lunch - David Cronenberg (1991) Empty
PostSubject: Naked Lunch - David Cronenberg (1991)   Naked Lunch - David Cronenberg (1991) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 8:18 pm

Naked Lunch
From David Cronenberg

Naked Lunch - David Cronenberg (1991) Nakedlunch

Naked Lunch - David Cronenberg (1991) Thimdbci6

Quote :
Exterminator Bill Lee finds himself following his wife into an addiction to the bug powder he uses. After accidentally killing her, he descends into a hallucinatory existence in which he imagines himself a secret agent answering to a series of bizarre creatures

There was a time when David Cronenberg was still THE master of weirdness, where he could give us the best bizard fantasy hallucinatory stories. I love the old Cronenberg work, really one of my favorite director yess Unfortunatly I like his new movies much less, it is missing that very particular bizard and intense touch that I like so much about this director, he became too mainstream imo (really not a big fan of History of violence which is soooo basic and not original Crying or Very sad Eastern Promisses is a bit better but again far from been a master work)
Anyway, Naked Lunch is maybe not his best, but not far behind, it is weird, imaginative and sureal. Really loved it yess

Made me want to read the book too Cool

note8

Quote :
Not an adaptation of beat writer William S. Burrough's novel but a mix of biography and an interpretation of his drug- induced writing processes combined with elements of his work in this paranoid fantasy about Bill Lee, a writer who accidentally shoots his wife, whose typewriter transforms into a cockroach and who becomes involved in a mysterious plot in an Islamic port called Interzone. Wonderfully bizarre, not unlike Burrough's books

Naked Lunch - David Cronenberg (1991) Naked-lunch
Naked Lunch - David Cronenberg (1991) Naked_lunch21

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114

Naked Lunch - David Cronenberg (1991)
Page 1 of 1