Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gegen Die Wand (Head On) - Fatih Akin (2004)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kryll
Bernie
Bernie
Kryll

Gegen Die Wand (Head On) - Fatih Akin (2004) Empty
PostSubject: Gegen Die Wand (Head On) - Fatih Akin (2004)   Gegen Die Wand (Head On) - Fatih Akin (2004) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 2:12 pm

saw this one some time ago at friends, but wasn't really giving it much attention
except for the fact the Antagonist was quite hot, and there was alot of good music in the score hehe Smile
but checked the dvd this week, and thought it was worth a review

most of the time i dont really like German movies... they have to be made quite good before i really can enjoy them
(something to do with the language i guess.. gives me a hard time to get into the story.. same for Spanish btw)
but this was one of those exceptions, really liked this one

it's about a Turkish girl who desperately wants to marry, to get rid of the repressive supervision of her Father and brother
she is suicidal because of this, and meets a fellow suicidal guy in the hospital, and she gets him so far they become married (fake marriage, for starters..)

it's a German-Turkish collaboration i guess, cause there are some turkish dialogues innit as well
he (Faith Akin) also made Crossing The Bridge btw
note7

infos:

Gegen Die Wand (IMdb)
Gegen Die Wand (Head On) - Fatih Akin (2004) Mv5bmtk2mzy4njexn15bml5er6

trailer (french subtitled)

all in all a good movie..
natural acting, very strong and sponky mis-en-scene / dialogues, images/cinematography gives the story a good edge

allthough i don't really understand the shots where people are walking by, with a heavy pace
i somehow can understand it underlines the characters a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
http://users.telenet.be/kryll

Gegen Die Wand (Head On) - Fatih Akin (2004)
Page 1 of 1