Movie Freaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrisy
Squared eyes Admin
Chrisy

The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007) Empty
PostSubject: The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007)   The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 1:21 am

The Darjeeling Limited
From Wes Anderson

The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007) Darjeeling-limited-poster

IMDB

Quote :
Three American brothers who have not spoken to each other in a year set off on a train voyage across India with a plan to find themselves and bond with each other

Mixed feelings for this one. Some things are very good: nice style, great colors, interesting and funny characters, really nice original almost cartoon like atmosphere (in that sense a bit like The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou)
Unfortunatly, some things I liked much less: the story is supposed to be kind of a spiritual journey for 3 brothers in India but the representation of India in this movie is just very bad, very cliche, totally caricatural. At first I thought this was made on purpose but then with the development of the story, I think not, and think Anderson took some aspect of this culture which he knew nothing about and made garbage out of it. I really didn't like that No
There are some funny moments however but it could also have been funnier
Overall, it is still one to watch imo, I enjoyed it but expected better Wink I liked The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou much more

The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007) 10

Back to top Go down
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=24908114
pitr
Dikkenek
Dikkenek

PostSubject: Re: The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007)   The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 4:06 am

never happpens with me, but i fell asleep watching this one..
Back to top Go down
Tagazok
Dikkenek
Dikkenek

PostSubject: Re: The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007)   The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:05 pm

I really liked this movie, lot of fun and the actors are very good I think.
And I think the fact that lots of things are cliche and caricatural is made on purpose, because it's the point of view of the three brothers (and actually, I don't know anything about beliefs and traditions in India, so perhaps that's why I haven't been shoked that much).
I will be more enthousiastic about this movie and say it deserve an 8 or 8,5/10.
Back to top Go down
terminaal
Dancer in the Dark
Dancer in the Dark

PostSubject: Re: The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007)   The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:48 pm

I really likes this one too, but I'm a big Anderson-fan as for the carocatural display of India I agree with Tagazok , I think its also on purpose the viewpoints of three gentlemen in a strange country, it would be strange if it was not on purpose because as far as I know Anderson had quit the connection with India.. & Indian cinema
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007)   The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson (2007)
Page 1 of 1